Has completed significant part of formal Project Management training program. (Translation-PM Best Practices or PMI Training)
Has basic knowledge of routing, routing protocols, switching, internet and general network architecture.
Has leadership skills and experience working with large project teams and strategic account teams.
Has a working knowledge of the sales process including risk assessment and scoping.
Has a good understanding of the legal issues with contracts and has advanced negotiation and presentation skills.
Typically requires BS/BA degree or equivalent plus 4-5 years related experience in networking / telecommunications industry or min 4-5 years managing LAN and/or WAN network implementation and support PLUS 2-3 years in a Clearly defined Project Management role. Project plan and schedule creation, ability to balance multiple critical tasks.
Advanced Negotiation, Communication and presentation skills.
Ability to work independently in remote customer sites.
Manages medium to large or multiple small customer facing projects.
Creation of a project schedule and plan with financial, resource and material requirements.
Participates in the preparation of proposals and agreements.
Oversees project staff including project engineers, vendors, partners and subcontractors.
Manages the project from start to completion including the resolution of project issues.
* CCIE Voice (LOL-Preferred but not required)
* Knowledgeable of Advanced Services Program model deliverables (we can explain this) and expectations. Be able to articulate value-add to Customer.
* Leading edge technology design assistance for primary accounts.
* Cross-functional contribution and impact with development engineering on product development and serviceability design.
* Excellent consulting and communication skills.
* Excellent Multi-Vertical Market Industry Education, Exposure and Experience. Leverages Vertical Market Industry analysis documentation.
* Continuously pursuing an accomplished expertise level for selected technology.
* Excellent understanding of customer network infrastructure business goals and objectives and apply this knowledge to influence customer and Cisco success.
* Excellent understanding of the customer Change Mgmt process and positive or negative impact towards achieving desired goals.
* Excellent understanding of customer overarching Governance, Standards, Policies and Practices.
* Excellent understanding of the customer formal/informal culture.
* Excellent time management skills. Able to manage required workload schedule, actively offer assistance to other team members or groups on selected emerging technologies.
* Strong understanding of all chosen current technologies and good understanding of emerging technologies.
* Excellent technical account management skills.
* Advanced technical project management skills.
* Strong technical presentation skills to all levels, especially to Cisco and customer senior management.
* Strong communications skills that must be both verbal and media based.
* Demonstrated team leadership.
* Travel Required