Monday, August 18, 2008

CCNP-certified

With today's passing of the ONT examination, I am now a CCNP-certified :-). Yahoo!!! Well on paper anyway. Still a lot to learn and master in the Cisco world. When you look at technical blogs like those on my blog list, you can't help but wonder (if you're me that is) is how these people have so much knowledge and yet becoming more knowledgable every day. Dedication, determination and honesty I believe is the key (influenced by the Olympics fever since 8/8).

With that mindset in mind, after taking care of my wedding dinner reception next month, let the CCIE games er ... studying begin at full-scale! As of now I am viewing IPExpert's BLS videos on switching and Internetwork Expert's ethernet switching videos to start dwelling more into CCIE materials.

Thanks to those who left a comment wishing me luck. I am sure the luck was part of me passing this exam ;-). So virtual beers to you all :P.

By the way, some of you asked what materials I used for my CCNP studies. Well I did attend a CCNP course conducted by a Cisco-certified training centre but the bulk and majority of my studies involved Chris Bryant's study guides (except the ONT). You can look for his materials at http://www.thebryantadvantage.com. And yes, I bought the CCNA and the CCNP ultimate study guides legally. No illegal copies. You can ask the man himself :-)

5 comments:

Joey B said...

Congrats!

and congrats on the wedding!

Nickelby said...

Hey thanks a lot Joey :-). I have added your site to my blog list. Cool site!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I remember passing the 4th exam - now that was one great day! Good luck with your CCIE journey :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! NP in the house!

Nickelby said...

Thanks guys :-)